Eating warm soup is excellent for cold weather and ever planning for an exclusive winter soup? Then potato soup is an excellent pick. A warm, easy-to-make, and rich in flavor potato soup will be a special meal to be enjoyed with your family.
However, if you are excited with potato soup, what dish to serve with it or what drinks to serve with it, we have gathered some excellent side dishes, desserts and beverages to help choose the best combinations with the potato soup.
We are all familiar with Crushes potatoes or plain bubbled potatoes, and a few people take potatoes consistently, however not every person realizes how to make it into a soup that similarly tastes just like pureed potatoes.
Hence, their different type of soup potatoes soup recipes which we shall tell you about.
Traditional Potato Soup
Healthwise, traditional Irish potato soup is a hearty kind of soup. And you can always cook it at any convenient time.
- 6 cups of peeled and diced Russet potatoes (about 5 medium potatoes. Diced into small cubes of about 3/4-inch)
- 1&1/2 cups of chopped yellow onion (1 medium
- 1&1/4 cups of peeled and diced carrots (3 medium)
- 1 cup diced celery (2 stalks)
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans of low-sodium chicken broth
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Roasted Potato Soup
- This potato soup is enriched with the taste of herbs.
- Hence the cooking combination of fennel and dill gives your potato soup a richly flavored aroma.
This recipe makes use of
- One whole garlic bulb
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus two tablespoons butter,
- Two medium onions, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups vegetable broth, divided
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk,
Therefore, for those who want something more than just pure potato soup, this is the recipe for you, even though they are more ingredients, they are still everyday ingredients you can source for around.
Chunky Potato Soup
Chunky potato recipe contains “rainbow chard vegetable” a Mediterranean vegetable which is either green or red in color.
It tastes awesomely delicious when packed with all the vegetable nutrients.
If you can’t get the rainbow chard vegetable, you can as well make use of some beet greens or spinach.
This recipe allows the potatoes to blossom with the chard
Moreover, it is a potato soup that contains no flour and no cream, just a very typical soup to lighten up your day.
This recipe allows you to make your potato soup in a chunkier form and making you take a break from all the traditional ones for a bit.
- 4 potatoes of medium size (peeled and cubed)
- 3/4 cup of chopped onion
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup of chopped celery
- 1&1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons of cubed butter
Entrees that goes with Potato Soup
There are several entrees that can be served with your potato soup, from sandwiches to salads, we have listed the best entrees that are suitable for every meal of potato soup.
Best sandwiches that can be served with a potato soup
Beef Roast Sandwich
If you are a meatatarian, you can serve your potato soup with a beef roast sandwich.
It is also noted that beef roast sandwich served with potato soup is an excellent combination for growing children.
More so, it is an excellent energy booster for meat lovers out there. Conclusively, always use a leaner cut with a mineral, earthy tang for easy and enjoyable crunch.
- 1 tablespoon of light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons of prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons of chili sauce
- 2 slices of rye bread (1-ounce)
- 1 romaine lettuce leaf
- 3 ounces of thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 2 slices tomato (1/4-inch-thick)
- 1 slice red onion, separated into rings (1/8-inch-thick)
- It complements the potato soup with a great taste
- Gives absolute satisfaction
- An excellent protein giving a meal
- It is not an easy food to cook
- Ingredients can be expensive
Grilled Chicken Legs Sandwich
The grilled Chicken legs is also a dish meant for meat lovers. You can conveniently serve your potato soup with grilled chicken legs. It is done by cooking some chicken legs along with your potato soup. You should always go for the spicy flavors while the potato serves as a neutralizer of the spiciness.
Nothing can be perfectly served with a hot potato soup than freshly grilled chicken legs
N.B this should be eaten before the soup gets cold.
- 1 cup of fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons of low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of dry sherry
- 1&1/2 teaspoons of bottled minced garlic
- 1&1/2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoons of basil oil
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of hot pepper sauce
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about 2 1/4 pounds),
- Skinned Cooking spray
- Green onion strips
- Easy to cook
- Has sweet flavor and aroma
- Best served and eaten when hot/warm always
- Recipes might be quite expensive and unavailable
Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich
For meat lovers, nothing goes together like this ham, and potato soup is made with diced ham, Russet potatoes, carrots, celery, and white cheddar, all in thick and smooth stock. A simple supper alternative that is healthy, soothing and brisk to make!
If you cherish soup, you’ll love this rich and tasty ham and potato soup. Serve it with a side of nectar cornbread or garlic hitches, eat and potatoes. A hearty soup like loaded Potato Soup deserves a simple but yet a delicious sandwich pairing like a Grilled Ham and Cheese.
- 4 medium potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 3/4 cup of chopped onion
- 1 small carrot (chopped)
- 1/4 cup of chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons of butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 cup of shredded Swiss cheese
- A grilled cheese sandwich isn’t without advantages, and eating one will net you some quality protein and calcium.
- The two ounces of cheddar in the sandwich gives approximately 40 percent of your calcium needs, while the bread includes another 10 percent.
- Ingredients may be costly to get
- Not an easy to prepare the meal
Different Salad that can be served with potato soup
If you are a vegetable lover and had prepared your potato soup to be creamy and dense, then you can serve your potato soup with fresh cheesy garlic bread, this will allow you to enjoy more and fill in your stomach.
N.B Creamy potato soup is achieved by frying the loaf into the melted butter to make a progressively severe flavor, then spray the garlic powder over. It is your choice to utilize more garlic powder or not.
- 1 A loaf of bread (Italian, French)
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, (softened)
- 2 large cloves of smashed and minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Easy to make
- Ingredients are cheap and are readily available
- Helps to keep meals and fats calories low
- Some may not like the odor
- The recipe contains relatively high and alarming sodium content
- May experience burning stomach
Strawberry Spinach Salad
This is also fruit lovers favorite, and if you are trying to host a potluck dinner, all that you need is to prepare a bowl of creamy potato soup and strawberry spinach salad. The salad is good for the health, considering those family and friends that are health conscious.
Moreover, you don’t need to worry about typed of fruit-veggie for your salad because any fruit-veggie salad like strawberry spinach is a perfect side dish for potato soups.
- 2 teaspoons of poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of distilled white vinegar
- 9 ounces of fresh baby spinach
- 1 quart of freshly cleaned strawberries (hulled and cut in half)
- 1/2 cup of toasted pecans
- 1/4 of a thinly sliced red onion
- Can be served with either cold or hot potato soup
- Excellent choice for dinners and parties
- Cheap and readily available ingredients
- Easy to prepare
Lettuce salad with sliced pears
The lettuce salad with sliced pears is a delight that every vegetable and fruit-loving guest would love to devour. It offers a similar refreshing taste after the velvety taste of potato soup. I can assure you it is best to prepare fresh fruits salads to wash off the starchy flavor of your potato soup.
It is fitting to garnish the plate of salad with certain walnuts and gorgonzola pieces for an increasingly various relish.
As an option, you can make garlicky simmered broccoli and tomato salad too.
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Dash of pepper
- 2 heads of butter lettuce
- 2 cups of frisée lettuce
- 2 pears (chopped and cored)
- 1/2 cup of toasted, chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup of blue cheese (crumbled)
- Cheap and readily available ingredients
- Easy and quick to prepare
- It is an excellent vitamin giving food
- Can be served with your potato soup either cold or warm
- Can be eaten any time of the day
More so, you can generally serve your plate of salad with natural fruit salad such as apples and grapes, or a Caesar plate of a salad dish. This will present to you an extraordinary taste and a new experience.
Desserts to serve with Potato Soup
After completing a supper of soup meal, it is incredible to close the dinner with certain desserts, most appropriately with the veggie such as serving of salads and a measure of wine. Besides, in the rundown of sweet formulas which run well with potato soup, pumpkin cheesecake remains in the top.
Moreover, individuals likewise regularly make frozen yogurt finished with organic product bread rolls, vanilla sticks, crusty fruit-filled treats, and natural product tarts to present with potato soup.
Beverages and Wines to Serve with Potato Soup
It is understood that drinks are a necessity for every meal.
Tring to serve your potato soup with a drink? You can excellently choose to pair beer with potato soup during those ordinary peaceful cold nights, but when it comes to evening gatherings and parties, every potato soup is perfect with a glass of wine or champagne!
Hence, you can serve your potato soup with the various wines listed below;
Potato cheese soup can be served with a rich, brightly acidic white like a Pinot Gris.
If you have a creamy slightly spicy potato soup, you can as well serve it with an A dry Riesling, with its hint of sweetness and vibrant acidity, which is a great match.
- Cougar Gold-Potato Soup can be served with each of the following
- 2015 Cold Creek Vineyard Chardonnay
- 2016 Horse Heaven Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc
- 2017 Pinot Gris
- 2016 Indian Wells Chardonnay
other excellent potato soup wines are-
- Chenin Blanc: A sweet white wine with flavors of honey and nectar, with a creamy finish.
- Pinot Noir: A red wine with red berry, cherry, cinnamon, and cola.
In conclusion, potatoes are very filling and supplement giving vegetables, easy to cook as potato soup and can be served with varieties of entrees, with each bowl of potato soup you take whether pureed or chunky, you get a bunch of calories. It doesn’t matter if you are a vegetarian or a meat lover, whenever you have a party or eating dinner alone, potato soup is always a soup that will not only meet your appetite but also give you optimum nutrition.
You May Like It: